Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Take a look at our most frequently asked questions in the list below.
Alternatively, select one of the quick links to jump to the relevant question category.
What does PSI mean?
PSI means Pounds per Square Inch. This is the unit to measure the air pressure of your ball
How do I become a Spalding retailer?
Contact the Wholesale Department at the following link [email protected] informing us of your interest in becoming a dealer, the name of your business, and your location. A representative will contact you.
I saw a Spalding product at a retail store or another website, so why isn’t it on your website?
A number of Spalding items are exclusive to certain retailers. We do not keep every item on hand to offer on www.spalding.net.nz.
Can I backorder an item that is out of stock?
We do not have a back-order system so we ask that you check back with us periodically to see if the item is back in stock. or contact our customer service to enquire here
What if the item I am looking for is not shown on the website?
Please feel free to contact one of our stockists to enquire about any of our other items you may have seen which are not visible on our website.
If you would like advice on available stock, contact your local store directly.
Can I order by phone, fax or email?
All website (Shop Online) orders are processed via our website only. If you have further enquiries you are welcome to contact our Customer Service Team by calling +61 1300 654 766 or email us.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Spalding is proud to accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and PayPal. Unfortunately, we cannot offer Direct Deposit, Cheques, Diners or cash on delivery as payment methods.
Is it safe to use my credit card on spalding.net.nz?
Yes, shopping at spalding.net.nz is safe and secure. Transactions are processed through the secure eWay Payment Gateway service. To protect cardholder data eWay complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS is the global data security standard that any business of any size must adhere to in order to accept payment cards. It presents common-sense steps that mirror the best security practices.
What if my credit card shows multiple charges?
The eWay Transact payment page will only process the payment once. However, if you see multiple charges on your card then you either:
a) Clicked 'submit' more than once at the checkout stage due to a poor internet connection
b) Moved back to update and or change your order or details
If you notice multiple charged please contact our help desk for assistance
How do I use a promotional code?
You must enter the promotional code in the 'promotion code' box at the shopping cart stage of your checkout and click 'apply'. The application of the promotion will then be visible in your cart.
Can I make a change to an existing order?
No, once your order has been placed and you have received your order confirmation you cannot cancel or amend your order. If you wish to exchange or return your order please refer to the Returns and Exchange policy.
How do I cancel my order?
Once you have placed your order and received your order confirmation, your order cannot be cancelled or amended. If you wish to exchange or return an order please refer to the Returns and Exchange Policy.
I have seen the same product on another site. Do you price match?
Whilst we do keep an eye across the market and on our competitors’ prices, we are unable to price match for product purchases via our online store. We do however offer monthly promotions and regular sales that may be of interest. If you're after a bargain, we welcome you to sign up to receive our offers, promotions and news via an e-newsletter from us.
Returns and Exchanges
Can I return an item?
We take great pride in our reputation for quality, and if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, we will assist you with an exchange or refund. Items returned for exchange must be done so within 14 days from the original delivery date in a resalable condition (unused, undamaged, and un-soiled products still in original condition).
The Spalding return form must be included with the item when returned. Please allow 10 days from the day you return your product for your account to be credited or online credit to be issued.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns that were not purchased online at spalding.net.nz
- For further detail please see our Orders and Returns page.
- If you purchased an item from one of our retailers and wish to return it, please return to your place of purchase with your proof of purchase.
Do you pay for my return shipping?
Please be advised that exchange postage and handling costs will be incurred by the purchaser. If an item is faulty you will be provided with a reply paid number and address to ship the product back to us.
Spalding does not take any responsibility for returns lost in transit.
If I purchase online can I exchange in-store?
No, unfortunately, exchanges can only be made through our online department.
How will my order be shipped?
Your order will be dispatched from our Australian DC and will be sent via Pack and Track service which can be tracked through NZPost.
Personalised Balls will be sent directly from our factory in Hong Kong via DHL Express, or DHL E-commerce (dependant on your nominated shipping option)
What happens if my order does not arrive?
Please contact our help desk
What do I need to know about Promotions?
- Promotional Codes are valid for the specified time period only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- One time use Promotions must be used in their entirety in a single purchase.
- Promotions cannot be applied to previously placed orders or to orders that have been adjusted.
- Promotions, where you receive a reduction on the second item, will be applied at the checkout on the lower priced item.
- Free Promotional merchandise offers upon meeting minimum spend requirements are only available until stocks last. An alternative will not be provided where the stock is no longer available.
- Spalding can at its sole discretion, extend or terminate a promotion at any time.
- Express shipping option may not be available during promotion periods
- Due to the increase in order volume, orders may take a little longer than usual to be processed and shipped.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Promotions?
- The 2020 Black Friday & Cyber Monday sale promotion is 10% - 40% off selected full price items on the Spalding website for the period of 00:01 AEDT 27/11/20 to 11:59PM 30/11/20.
- This promotion does not include personalised basketballs, personalised accessories and Kobe basketballs.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, coupons or promotions. This offer may be extended or changed at Spalding's discretion. Whilst we will endeavour to update stock levels your item may be sold out and we will issue a refund if your order cannot be fulfilled.
What size and material is the official NBA game ball?
The Official NBA Game ball is a size 7. It is made from full-grain leather.
How can I ensure my basketball remains in good condition?
1. Ensure to not leave your basketball out in direct sunlight or rain for extended periods of time.
2. Ensure to never exceed the inflation guide situated around the inflation valve
3. Only use the ball as it was intended to be used
How much do I pump up my basketball?
Spalding balls will have an inflation guide printed around their inflation valves. They are marked in pSi (pounds/square inch) and should never be exceeded. Generally, they are 7 to 9 pSi
1 pSi = 6.9 kPa
Why shouldn’t I inflate a ball over the intended PSI?
Over-inflation may damage the integrity of the ball and it will not perform to standards. Extreme over-inflation can cause the ball to explode, which may result in severe injury.
What is a composite or composite leather cover?
A manmade material that usually takes on the look and the feel of real leather and requires little to no break-in period as real leather does.
How do I break in my leather basketball?
You break in a leather basketball by playing with it. There are no products or machinery needed. Skin, sweat, and simply playing with the basketball will break in the leather overtime to the point where it is game ready.
Which ball is best for outdoor courts?
A rubber or durable composite leather cover is ideal for outdoor courts. Our outdoor and indoor/outdoor basketballs are marked as such on the ball itself.
What size is best for me?
|Males 12 and Over||7||29.5"|
|Females 9 and Over||6||28.5"|
|Males 9 to 12||6||28.5"|
|Youth 8 to 9||5||27.5"|
|Youth 7 and Under||4||25.5"|
When will my order be sent out?
We aim to have your delivery to you as soon as possible. If you have purchased Priority Shipping and placed your order before 11 am AEST your item/s will be dispatched that day. For standard delivery and International orders, your item/s will be dispatched within 2 days of placing your order. Please note that during public holidays and peak periods shipping times may be delayed.
What are the Spalding Online Stores Hours?
The Spalding online store is open for purchases all day every day.
Customer Service is available to help process your order or answer any questions you might have regarding Spalding products on our website.
Email: [email protected] or
Phone: +61 1300 654 766
9 am - 5 pm AEST Monday to Friday excluding Victorian/National public holidays
Last update 11/09/2020.